Business Development Manager - Technology
Why this role matters to us
It’s Pixel Perfect Limited is a digital media agency specialized in business transformation, market transformation, and experience transformation across multiple platforms. This omni channel approach is our strategy to ensure our clients navigate this era of technological disruption. We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Technology team, working directly with our Managing Director and Leadership Team to propel us to new levels of development and secure new business.
First and foremost our Business Development Manager must have a strong understanding of the web development process, user-centered design and agile philosophies. This role requires a proficient technical project lead with proven expertise in managing large-scale digital clients, and is passionate about helping us to define and execute our clients' vision.
Why we need you
The ideal candidate will proficiently manage a pipeline of diverse projects and retainer-based engagements across our digital, social, and experiential practice areas, and lead a cross-functional team of UX/UI designers, developers, and strategists. You're responsible for sourcing new business opportunities. You're a "closer" - but also a door opener, ready to expand our portfolio and impact in the digital space.
Primary Role & Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to expand the business, including through partnerships and new markets.
- Convert leads to sales generating more than 4 million dollars each month
- Retain and maintain a 40% profitability rate for the Technology department
- Analyze sales, marketing, finance and other reports to gain insights into how to improve performance and maximize growth
- Build relationships with clients to develop the company's CRM and work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders
- Research and understand our clients’ disruption, marketing goals and performance information to translate that into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales
- Investigate trends in the digital marketplace, assessing where IPP’s work stands against our agency competitors, as well as our clients’ competitors’
- Participate in company strategizing and make recommendations for changes to the creative function to meet market changes, competitive threats or to support strategic plans.
- Drive constant improvement in IPP’s digital quality and capabilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in capacity planning, ensuring the right team is always in place to undertake projects
- Recruit, train and develop Technology staff to feel valued, deliver their best work and make an impact on the team’s culture
- You ensure that our high quality of creative and production is upheld, maintaining consistently high standards for our team members
- You write and present cohesive and persuasive rationales for campaign approaches.
- You ensure that timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and the partners, account team and clients.
- You lead and provide strategic support to all areas of the company to achieve digital transformation, improving the approach with the client & consumer.
- You’re incredibly smart, charismatic, and people love working with (and for) you
- You're confident and poised in a pitch, and comfortable playing a lead role
- You understand the evolving landscape of digital/social/experiential marketing
- You’re highly organized, objective-oriented, and self-motivated
- Exceptional Business Acumen demonstrating strong sales conversion rates
- Exceptional financial planning, forecasting, and budget management skills
- Superior understanding of digital transformation technologies including web applications, mobile applications, and UI/UX
- Ability to understand the customer user journey and manage their experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proficiency in people management, team leading & team building abilities
- Persuasive with advanced negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, planning, time-management and follow-through skills
- Thorough understanding of client/consumer behavior per business/industry
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong client liaison skills
- Exceptional decision making skills
- Exceptional project management skills
Qualification & Experience
- A Masters Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Management Studies, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship or a related field
- You have 4+ years of management consulting experience, most of which should be directly in a business development context
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have a proven business acumen of identifying new business opportunities, closing new sales contracts, and growing revenue
- You have documented experience in Business Strategy & Business Transformation
- 3+ years’ experience in pricing Digital Tools
- 3+ years’ experience in Customer Service & Retention
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management; Project Manager certification would be an asset
Working Hours and Location
- Our office is based in Kingston, Jamaica
- Normal office hours are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Monday to Friday
- Flexible work arrangement available in most cases (must be agreed with the manager)
- May be required to work outside of regular working hours as required by assignments