Growth Interactive Designer (Motion)
Why this role matters to us.
IPP is a social first digital agency that focuses on storytelling, artificial intelligence and customer experiences across multiple platforms. This omnichannel approach is our strategy to help clients and customers navigate through this era of disruptions. IPP helps companies reimagine how brands interact with people. We are doing this by helping companies increase their value through integrated products and services which keep their customers coming back. This mindset along with our philosophy of the difference in the details helps us to stay on the cutting edge, creating innovative solutions that will help our clients transition through this digital age.
Why we need you?
You are a creative designer through and through. You are excited about combining your traditional design skills with digital products. You constantly seek the challenge of creating digital services that work across multiple channels, devices, browsers and platforms. You take the business product and transform into a product that the user interacts with perfectly. You create the best possible user experience and are always on the lookout for ways in which you can simplify product designs and how you can integrate a mix of interaction and visual experience into the business’s product. You are constantly evolving and adapting as the product, market, and client needs evolve.
You will work on some of the most prominent market leading brands in the Caribbean and internationally. Reporting to Growth Lead, you will have fun, you will work hard and you will innovate. You will interact with external stakeholders and an internal social and technical team.
Your friends very well may be insanely jealous of your exciting new job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and distribution of graphic designs for digital content, marketing materials, product packaging, and other projects to meet our client’s needs.
- Create free-hand illustrations
- Brainstorm and mock up design ideas per client strategy and team directives.
- Adjust designs based on client recommendations and feedback.
- Collaborate with team members to complete designs on time and in line with quality standards.
- Research product images for best appeal to our clients’ customers.
- Complete regular quality analysis, plan and facilitate continuous improvement plans and activities
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders in pursuit of quality continuous improvement
- Continuously improve and focus on refining processes to optimize execution of projects
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy.
- Select style and size of type designs.
- Arrange layouts based on available space, knowledge of layout principles, and aesthetic design concepts.
- Prepare files to ensure resolution of work is at an acceptable range per requirement.
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Formal design training
- To be a diligent and focused designer
- Strong selling skills to sell ideas and explain design thinking to a client
- Strong conceptual thinker and can develop design strategies
- Independently manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Juggle several tasks at once and you’re a detail oriented, proactive problem solver
- To be organized, accountable and get the job done, often in a high pressured environment
- High levels of adaptability, resilience and curiosity to learn, grow and to consistently deliver results
- Good 'people skills', for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- To be passionate about creating beautiful & impactful products
- Experience working directly with clients and/or business level stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 2 years of agency or freelance web and interface work
- A strong web portfolio of personal project
- High capability of developing and executing motion designs
- An undisputed gift for designing for screens
- Front-end skills and deep knowledge of current web technology and tools
- Expert knowledge of design elements, such as color and composition
- Expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator & other design software
Working Hours and Location:
- We are currently working remotely, but our offices are based in Kingston, Jamaica
- Normal office hours are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Monday to Friday
- Flexible work arrangement available in most cases (must be agreed with the manager)
- May be required to work outside of regular working hours as required by assignments