Digital Marketing Strategist
Why this role matters to us
IPP is a social-first digital agency that focuses on storytelling, artificial intelligence, and customer experiences across multiple platforms. This omnichannel approach is our strategy to help clients and brands navigate through this era of disruptions. We help companies reimagine how brands interact with people. We are doing this by helping companies increase their value through integrated products and services which keep their customers coming back. This mindset along with our philosophy of the difference in the details helps us to stay on the cutting edge, creating innovative solutions that will help our clients transition through this digital age.
Why we need you
The role of Digital Marketing Strategist serves as a liaison with our clients and customers, developing relationships, providing guidance and advice, and ensuring all of the customer's needs are being met. The Client Relationship Officer will act as the go-between for the team and our clients, communicating feedback between them with the objective of refining services to meet the client's needs. Their role is like a marketing consultant, who consults with clients and works with the best in class team to get the work done.. In short, the ideal candidate will ensure every client is happy with the relationship they have with IPP and will use initiative to improve relations and troubleshoot issues if problems arise.
Duties and Responsibilities
Digital Marketing Strategy
Your core role is to work with your teammates to get results for your client. How you will achieve that is by knowing the following:
- Create and manage marketing programs ensuring implementation, response tracking and campaign performance optimization, including a/b testing.
- Understanding of Businesses, how they function, their needs, and identifying their marketing objectives
- Work with clients to develop dynamic digital and print marketing campaigns with focus on exceptional ROI.
- Create and manage all campaigns ensuring implementation, response tracking and campaign performance optimization, including a/b testing.
- Monitor and optimize all campaigns based on the campaign's KPIs and report performance against those data-points.
- Provide brand teams with monthly metric reports which include insights to optimize digital schedules.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and key contacts within client companies
- Conduct business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with their products and services
- Attend meetings with clients to grow relationships with existing accounts
- Achieve client relationship targets and KPI’s as set by the Chief Marketing Officer
- Share leads to the Business Development team and following up on the progress
- Carrying out client satisfaction surveys and reviews
- Negotiate with clients, resolve any problems, and make sure deadlines are met and delivered within budget
- Maintain continuous communication with the client at all stages of the campaign
- Ensure both our team and clients adhere to contract terms
- Monitor our performance against service level agreements and flag potential issues
- Update Project Management software(Asana) and ensure the team (Pod) is aware of changes from the clients
- Liaise with the rest of your team (pod) to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively
- Communicate documented meeting notes and creative briefs to the creative strategist to devise campaigns that meet the client's objectives and budget
- Build relationships with the internal team to build and maintain the IPP culture
To be successful in this role you'll need
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Confidence, tact, and persuasiveness
- Keen ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Collaborative team player who is also able to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Good interpersonal skills working with a variety of cross-functional colleagues and clients
- Knowledge of social media and digital culture from theory to application
- Excellent relationship-building and networking skills
- Proactive, self-motivated with a passion for learning
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
Key Performance Indicators
- Understanding of Businesses, how they function, their needs, and identifying their marketing objectives and ROI
- Operate in an objective driven and transparent manner, setting high work standards and establishing clear direction to ensure all SLAs and objectives are met
- Proficiency in project management to ensure all client deliverables are on time and meeting expectations
- Ensure consistent and effective communication between clients and internal teams
- Timely achievement of all agreed KPIs
- As custodian of client relationships, ensure continuous growth of the business through strong relationships with our clients and providing sales lead for the Business Development Team
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Marketing, Communication and Media Studies, Business, Management, Psychology or related field of study
- Minimum 2 years proven experience in Customer Experience, Business Account Management and/or Relationship Management in an agile/fast-paced environment
- Professional experience with social media management and its day to day requirements would be advantageous
- Offices are based in Kingston, Jamaica
- Normal office hours are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Monday to Friday
- Flexible work arrangement available in most cases (must be agreed with the manager)
- May be required to work outside of regular working hours as required by assignments