People & Culture Manager
IPP is a social-first digital agency that focuses on storytelling, artificial intelligence and customer experiences across multiple platforms. This omnichannel approach is our strategy to help clients and customers navigate through this era of disruptions. IPP helps companies reimagine how brands interact with people. We are doing this by helping companies increase their value through integrated products and services which keep their customers coming back. This mindset along with our philosophy of the difference in the details helps us to stay on the cutting edge, creating innovative solutions that will help our clients transition through this digital age.
Why we need you
IPP is passionate about process improvement and being two steps ahead of our clients and team. Our People and Culture Manager will have the opportunity to make a difference with one of our most important assets – our people, who directly impact the service we deliver to our clients. We are building a team of world-class talent and are looking for an organizational powerhouse who can collaborate with multiple internal teams and stakeholders. You will manage the full employee lifecycle including onboarding, internal operations and employee experience. As the People and Culture Manager, you will have a front-row seat and directly impact our growth phase. You will collaborate with our talented team of creatives, developers, and strategists to help clients achieve their goals and to propel IPP to new levels of advancement in the digital space. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about people, managing our culture and transformation. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and ultimately be responsible for the IPP’s success through employee experience and collaboration. Are you ready to take your career to the next level within an exciting, dynamic environment?
Key Role & Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Annual budgeting for HR/Company’s initiatives such as learning and development and software
- In collaboration with various cross-functional teams, build and drive timely implementation of projects relating to the various points within the team member lifecycle coordinating workstreams and associated communication mechanisms.
Policies and procedures
- Document, implement and work to improve upon processes, procedures and programs relating to the team member lifecycle - conducting regular reviews around optimization and scalability
- Ensure the delivery of critical people operations processes e.g. onboarding, offboarding, learning and development, payroll management, performance appraisals, and job information changes including compensation, promotions and transfers
- Accountable for HRIS data including team member records and information changes such as promotions, terminations and transfers. Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all people data both in the HRIS and ancillary systems.
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, and some international payroll tax regulations
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Reinforce Company values
- In collaboration with various cross-functional teams to plan staff events, create team building activities and culture-building tactics and events
Learning and Development
- In collaboration with supervisors and team leads, assess training needs
- Monitor the training program
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with related majors e.g. Human Resources (HR), Industrial Psychology or Business Management or three years of experience in a generalist role ideally within a growth-stage tech company with exposure to either an all-remote or hybrid environment (minimum).
- High emotional and social intelligence and ability to establish strong relationships, experience in fostering positive relationships at all levels, and across functions
- Experience with HRIS and Applicant tracking systems.
- Ability to work within a distributed team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within the company.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills - able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Passionate about people and able to use discretion and handle highly sensitive information.
Working Hours and Location
- We are currently working in a hybrid environment
- Our offices are based in Kingston, Jamaica
- Normal office hours are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Monday to Friday
- Flexible work arrangement available in most cases (must be agreed with the manager)
- May be required to work outside of regular working hours as required by assignments